School for Mathematics and Science, one of the top high schools in America, is
a public, residential high school for academically gifted eleventh and twelfth
grade students located on the campus of the Mississippi University for Women,
The Director for Student Affairs administers all facets of student affairs for the Mississippi School for Mathematics and Science during the regular school year and supports all residential needs for teacher and student workshops held during the summer. Duties include, but are not limited to, securing, developing, supervising, and assessing student affairs staff; creating, demonstrating, and maintaining a positive and professional student affairs climate; overseeing all facets of the athletic programs through serving as athletic director; and communicating high expectations to students and staff. The Director maintains a futurist vision that promotes and supports innovations and creativity in student development and demonstrates effective communication and leadership skills. The Director for Student Affairs works collaboratively with the Director for Academic Affairs to ensure a holistic approach to serving students.
- Master’s Degree. Evidence of graduate studies beyond the Master’s Degree is preferred.
- Supervisory experience at the secondary or post-secondary level. Experience working in a residential setting would be valuable.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Strong human relations skills.
- An understanding of the developmental needs of adolescents; as well as an understanding of the unique nature of MSMS in filling the role between traditional high schools and universities for academically talented students.
- Current knowledge of state and federal laws and policies related to personnel and students.
- Beginning salary: $70,000 to $75,000 depending on qualifications.
- The position is contracted for twelve months.
- Mississippi state insurance and retirement benefits.
- Reporting date will be on or before June 1, 2018.
will be accepted until the position is filled.
All applications will be acknowledged but only selected candidates will
be interviewed. Application review will
begin April 27, 2018. The Administrator & Faculty Employment Application is available for download from http://www.themsms.org or by
Amber Lynn Moore, Senior Executive Assistant
Mississippi School for Mathematics and Science
1100 College Street, MUW-1627
Columbus, MS 39701